Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Biblical Evangelism

Question: If you are out of sugar, what would you do?
I asked three different people and got three different answers. Let me hide these people with a prefix 'guy' (Because i am that creative):

Guy1: Get more? (Obvious much?)
Guy2: I'll steal more... (A wise choice)
Guy3: I'll never run out of sugar just as long as you're with me because you're so sweet..^^ (<-- imbecile  -_-)

Why was that their (except guy3) answers?
Naturally because they needed more sugar. They sought the sugar not because they had enough (duh?!), it's because they didn't have sugar.

Similarly, if a sinner doesn't understand why he needs to be saved, he wouldn't accept the savior unless he did it for fun a.k.a. "trip2x",which is just for fun in Aramaic and "lingaw-lingaw" in Hebrew.

Telling him about hell and the fact that he needs to be saved would just insult him because your insinuating that he's done something wrong when he doesn't think he has (nobody likes tattletales). He'll start to claim that compared to others who rape and murder (these people are called rapderers, it's in the wehbster dictionary), he's a saint. Next, he will talk about all the good things he has done, like giving money to the church and in what charities he donates to. Later in my next blogs, I will post a blog about money...:D

We can't beat the bush and keep telling him about Jesus this and Jesus that. He'll become irritated and come to hate your preachings even more because nobody likes a boring speaker except for apostle Paul, he's a boring preacher but he happens to be my idol of all the people in the Bible ( Of course, excluding Jesus..:D).

So how do we preach to other people? By using the law of course! It was made for that very purpose, to tell us of our sin. It is God's basis for righteousness or rather sin anyway ( I'm sure get my point). Remember that biblical evangelism is all about breaking the hard heart with the Law and healing it with the Gospel. Once someone acknowledges that he has sinned against God, then you would have succeeded.

Note that it's not just that the Law is very important that I'm always emphasizing it, there's also a very personal reason that I will divulge in my fourth blog. So my rule is that every 4th blog I will say something about myself, So I would be less enigmatic..:D

Moving on...

A guy who does piracy would not be able to defend himself if you show him the Law, more specifically the eight commandment (Thou shalt not steal). It speaks for itself. I mean you were told to not steal and you still stole, in that way, the sinner does not understand that what he is doing is wrong to GOD and not to man, although it is wrong to the one you stole from but hey, my point is that you sinned against God. The prodigal son said "I have sinned against heaven". When David hit the grand slam by breaking every law, he said "I have sinned against God". By the way, he never did say sorry to Uriah did he? lol...:D   (Don't know this story? Read the Old testament and yeah I was paid). I will give you a memory verse so you will better understand my point.

Romans 3:19-20


19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. 20Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.


You can't justify your sins (Even minor ones) and just like the verse says, your mouth will be silenced. Unless of course, if you do not believe in God and in the ten commandments. Note that Muslims believe in Moses and the ten commandments (See where I'm going?). So if you start preaching to someone, ask them first if they believe in God and the ten commandments. Don't forget to pray first! :D



Remember that 1/3 of the word Gospel is 'go' and 1/2 of God is 'go'. So go (i'm getting sick of this word) now, and break their hearts with the Law and heal them with Jesus' soothing message.

No comments:

Post a Comment